Some of My Work

Created with flickr badge.

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Inspiration of the Week - Sally Mankus

Sally Mankus is an American artist who works in many different mediums, what I'm going to look at how she deals with mark making from found objects.


I am interested in this artist's work because I am also wanting to explore the marks we leave behind and I also wanted to look into using found objects in my work.


This artist's work is really interesting to me as I think that she has combined these two ideas, found objects and mark making, really well.


I like the idea of combining the ideas of putting my own marks on the marks those that have left before me and I think there is a good chance that this'll illustrate my point quite well.




NB - all photographs here have been taken from the artist's site:

http://www.sallymankus.com/index.html
http://www.sallymankus.com/mixed-media.html

I do not own any of the pictures on this post.


Until next time
byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Róisín -x

No comments:

Post a Comment